TOWN OF SPAFFORD
1984 State Route 174
Skaneateles, NY 13152
Town of Spafford's Official newspaper.
AND,,, sign up to receive Town-related
information and the newsletters electronically!
A test message will be sent to confirm the address provided.
Use of the email list will be for official Town business,
which will be determined by the Town Clerk.
SENIOR CITIZEN SERVICES &
PROGRAMS FOR TOWN OF SPAFFORD RESIDENTS
DISPOSAL OF CFL BULBS -
They contain small amounts of mercury, a potent heavy metal pollutant. All of the ACE and True Value Hardware stores in Onondaga County partner with OCRRA and accept fluorescent bulbs from residents. Lowe's and Home Depot also accept CFLs
Can you have that bonfire?
Should you burn your old leaves?
What about a campfire?
Review the regulations on
In towns with a total population less than 20,000, (Spafford population is 1,686) you may burn tree limbs with attached leaves. The limbs must be less than 6 inches in diameter and 8 feet in length (also referred to as brush). However, this is not allowed from March 16 through May 14 due to the increased risk of wildfires.
"Our Two Hundred Year Journey"
A volume of images and history of the Town of Spafford. Limited supply available --- $20 each. Shipping available at Priority Mail rates.
TOWN HALL OFFICE HOURS
Please Note: The Town of Spafford Offices are part-time.
Town Clerk - Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9 am - 2 pm
Thursdays & Saturdays 9 am - 12 Noon
Code Enforcement Officer - Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays 9 - 11:30 am
Assessor - Tuesdays 9 am - 2 pm, Thursdays 9 am - 12 Noon
Appointments are appreciated
Not all Town officers have set office hours.
Town Board --- 2nd Thurdsays at 7 p.m.
Zoning Board of Appeals--- 2nd Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
Planning Board --- 3rd Thursdays at 7 p.m.
Town Court --- 1st & 3rd Mondays @ 6 p.m.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
The windstream email accounts are no longer fully functional.
OPEN POSITION - SUB DIVISION/PLANNING BOARD
Applications are now being accepted for a position on the Sub Division/Planning Board. Letters of interest complete with a summary of qualifications may be submitted to the Spafford Town Clerk, 1984 State Route 174, Skaneateles, NY 13152.
OPEN POSITION - ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Applications are now being accepted for a position on the Zoning Board of Appeals. Letters of interest complete with a summary of qualifications may be submitted to the Spafford Town Clerk, 1984 State Route 174, Skaneateles, NY 13152.
The tree and limb cutting at Spafford Cemetery has been completed. The felled wood is available to any interested party. A release must be signed prior to collection of the wood. Said release is available at the Town Clerk's office.
Town Board Meeting
Thursday, February 11, 2016
at 7 p.m. at the Spafford Town Hall
Sub Division/Planning Board Meeting
Thursday, February 18, 2016
at 7 p.m. at Spafford Town Hall.
Any interested individuals may attend.
NOTICE: There will be a secondary site for this session connected using video-conferencing technology. This secondary location is 101 Village Walk Drive, Royal Palm Beach, FL.
The Organizational Agenda will be the first order of business
with the regular monthly business immediately following.
February 9, 2016 Summary - Zoning Board of Appeals
- H. John Marshall appointed as Vice-Chairman.
- Meetings to be held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at Spafford Town Hall.
- Three members constitute a quorum.
January 23, 2016 Town Board Meeting Quick Notes
- The Agreement to Spend Highway Funds was reviewed and discussed. Additional information was requested by the Town Board for the February 11, 2016 meeting.
- There was discussion of the submitted Zoning Ordinance revisions. The discussion will continue at the February 11 meeting.
- The Town Board conducted Executive Session to discuss employment histories of applicants for appointment as Town Attorney.
- The Town Board discussed the health insurance options available for the Highway Superintendent and decided to include the Highway Superintendent on the Teamsters' policy with the Highway employees.
January 5, 2016 Town Board Meeting Quick Notes
The following annual appointments were made:
Additional Organizational items:
- RFP's have been sent out for Town Attorney
- The members of the Ethics Committee will be appointed at the February 11, 2016 Town Board meeting
- H. John Marshall was appointed to a new five-year term on the ZBA
- Kate Cormack was appointed to a new five-year term on the Sub Division/Planning Board
Regarding other Town Board business:
- Following a lengthy discussion the planned purchase of a new 10 wheel truck will be made with available funds instead of borrowing funds
- The dog sheltering contract with Country Acres Pet Services was renewed
- The animal cruelty services contract with CNY SPCA was renewed
Regarding the proposed minor revisions to the Zoning Ordinance: the Public Hearing continued and will again continue at the February 11, 2016 Town Board meeting. The Town Board will discuss the proposal at a Work Session on Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 9 a.m. at the Spafford Town Hall.
Used petroleum products and Electronic Waste are not accepted at the Spafford Transfer Station.
The 2016 County/Town tax bills are now available on the Onondaga County website: www.ongov.net
ESTIMATING TAX BILLS? - - We receive many requests for estimates of future tax bills. The County and Town budgets that determine the tax rates for the January tax bill are not adopted until November. School budgets (for the September tax bill) are adopted in May.
Another unknown factor is your property tax exemptions; many must be renewed each year. If you fail to renew, or your qualifications change, (perhaps due to an income change), it will affect the amount due.
We strongly recommend you use prior years' tax bills as an approximate minimum.