PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
Effective January 6, 2017
Spafford Transfer Station
Permit Fee is
TOWN OF SPAFFORD
1984 Route 174
Skaneateles, NY 13152
315-673-4144 - Town Clerk
Town of Spafford's Official newspaper.
AND,,, sign up to receive Town-related
information and the newsletters electronically!
A test message will be sent to confirm the address provided.
Use of the email list will be for official Town business,
which will be determined by the Town Clerk.
ESTIMATING TAX BILLS? - - We receive many requests for estimates of future tax bills. The County and Town budgets that determine the tax rates for the January tax bill are not adopted until November. School budgets (for the September tax bill) are adopted in May.
Another unknown factor is your property tax exemptions; many must be renewed each year. If you fail to renew, or your qualifications change, (perhaps due to an income change), it will affect the amount due.
We strongly recommend you use prior years' tax bills as an approximate minimum.
SENIOR CITIZEN SERVICES &
PROGRAMS FOR TOWN OF SPAFFORD RESIDENTS
DISPOSAL OF CFL BULBS -
They contain small amounts of mercury, a potent heavy metal pollutant. All of the ACE and True Value Hardware stores in Onondaga County partner with OCRRA and accept fluorescent bulbs from residents. Lowe's and Home Depot also accept CFLs
Can you have that bonfire?
Should you burn your old leaves?
What about a campfire?
Review the regulations on
In towns with a total population less than 20,000, (Spafford population is 1,686) you may burn tree limbs with attached leaves. The limbs must be less than 6 inches in diameter and 8 feet in length (also referred to as brush). However, this is not allowed from March 16 through May 14 due to the increased risk of wildfires.
Used petroleum products and Electronic Waste
are not accepted at the Spafford Transfer Station.
"Our Two Hundred Year Journey"
A volume of images and history of the Town of Spafford. Limited supply available --- $20 each. Shipping available at Priority Mail rates.
TOWN HALL OFFICE HOURS
Please Note: The Town of Spafford offices are part-time.
Town Clerk - Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Thursdays & Saturdays 9 a.m. - 12 Noon
Code Enforcement Officer - Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays 9 -11:30 a.m.
Assessor - Tuesdays & Thursdays 9 a.m. - 12 Noon
Appointments are appreciated
Not all Town Officers have set office hours.
Town Board --- 2nd Thurdsays at 7 p.m.
Zoning Board of Appeals--- 2nd Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
Planning Board --- 3rd Thursdays at 7 p.m.
Town Court --- 1st & 3rd Mondays @ 6 p.m.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Town of Spafford now regulates short term rental of your home.
Annual registration with the Codes Office is required.
Please read Local Law 1-2017
Questions? Call our Codes Office at 315-673-9557
SPECIAL TOWN BOARD SESSION
On March 23rd, Supervisor Kozub set a Special Town Board Session for Tuesday, March 28 at 7 p.m. at the Spafford Town Hall. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss equipment purchases, planned road work and any other business before the Board.
March 9, 2017 Town Board Meeting Quick Notes
- Highway Supt Fordock is authorized to purchase a 2016 Dodge 5500 under Onondaga County Contract #7974.
- Additional grindings would be needed to repave the entire length of Willow Hill Road. Supt Fordock is planning to work within the approved budget on the project and shorten the coverage length to conform with the supply.
- The Annual Financial Report for 2016 for the Town of Spafford has been completed and filed with NYS as required.
- The Public Hearing on proposed local law A-2017 was held. There were brief comments from the public. It was clarified the proposed law will repeal and replace Local Law 4-2016. The proposed local law was adopted and is identified as Local Law 1-2017.
- Dennis Spina was appointed to the Planning Board with a term commencing immediately and expiring 1/15/2022.
- Lourdes Camp again is offering a discount to Town of Spafford residents for children seeking to attend day camp this summer.
- Two bids were received for the 2017 Cemetery Management Package -- R&L Mowing Service bid $10,500 plus $450 per burial with $1,000 for the Spring clean up option; Jedik Outdoor bid $9,500 covering all bid aspects. The contract was awarded to Jedik Outdoor.
INTERESTED IN SERVING YOUR COMMUNITY?
The Town Board is seeking to fill one open position:
- Zoning Board of Appeals - one open seat with three years remaining
Please submit a letter of interest by to Spafford Town Hall, 1984 State Route 174, Skaneateles, NY 13152, ATTN: Town Clerk.
The following roads are considered "Seasonal Roads" within the Town of Spafford. They are not PLOWED, SANDED, or MAINTAINED from November 15 to April 15:
- Bacon Hill Road - from the end of the pavement near Route 41 to the intersection of Holzworth Road
- Bromley Road – from Town line to the dead end
- Covey Road - entire length of road
- Morris Run Road - entire length of road
- Ripley Hill Road - from Cold Brook Road to the first house on the south end
- Ten Mile Point - entire length of road